Audacia Paula
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Issun-bōshi - [WIP]
Dragon-folk characters EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 4:25 pm by Issun-bōshi

» Mirrah's Allocations WIP
Dragon-folk characters EmptySun Nov 06, 2011 11:56 pm by Guest

» 「Misogi Kumagawa's Equipment」
Dragon-folk characters EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 8:47 am by Guest

» 「Misogi Kumagawa's Allocation」
Dragon-folk characters EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 8:47 am by Guest

» Ryōta Ijima's Allocations
Dragon-folk characters EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 4:16 pm by Issun-bōshi

» Dragon-folk characters
Dragon-folk characters EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 3:04 pm by Guest

» Shirō Emiya
Dragon-folk characters EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 3:35 pm by Guest

» A newcomer has arisen
Dragon-folk characters EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 3:29 pm by Guest

» 「Misogi Kumagawa」 - [WIP]
Dragon-folk characters EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 9:41 pm by Misogi Kumagawa

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

Dragon-folk characters

Go down

Dragon-folk characters Empty Dragon-folk characters

Post  Guest Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:46 pm

I'm hoping that this is the right place to put this question. I was wondering, in concerns to the character that I'm developing, if anyone has previously decided on anything about the life of general dragon-folk such as clan affiliations, life-spans, general abilities other than 'brimming with magical energy' and 'falling into a human form'.

Or is that all up to me? Because I can work with that too. >:3

Back to top Go down

Dragon-folk characters Empty Re: Dragon-folk characters

Post  Guest Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:28 pm

To say any of this has been codified would be a lie on my part. And, since it is in my head, I can't very well expect you to know these things. So, if you have specific questions, that would help me answer, but I'll list a few initial thoughts.

1. Dragons were meant to have long life-spans, probably living to be hundreds of years old. Since their descent into the human form, though, that life span would be shortened. So, I could definitely see them aging well, and living well past their hundredth birthday...assuming that is satisfactory to you.

2. Based on things like region and elemental affinity, one might assume tensions exist between dragonfolk clans...but I was planning to have them be wiser creatures who realized long ago the necessity of "sticking together" and not allowing meaningless labels to divide themselves.

3. Also, more powerful dragonfolk can actually turn into huge dragons, but even in partial transformations, their wings and tail would be heavily resistant to magic.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:55 am

Excellent, actually that seems to suit my purpose just fine, for the moment.

Now I've glanced about the forum about character bios, magic and such. My dragon character will be limited by her human form through shorter life-span and less magical talent than say, most of her family that has chosen to stay as dragons.

I'd like my character's element to be electricity, as a dragon... However I'm wondering if I need to fill out a form for magic as if she were a mage-character? Or should I would about other things such as equipment, magical ability, etc. after I've finished the bio?

xD; I hope no one really minds all of the questions, I figure it's better to ask than not... Simply because I haven't found the answers elsewhere yet, which might be an error on my part but.. /shutsup

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:04 pm

Well, of course we don't mind these questions, that's what we are here for.

Having electricity as your element as fine. And technically, your character can still live well past one-hundred years old.

I'd call her a magic user, but dragon-folk as her actual race.

I'd worry about the stuff like equipment and magical ability after the initial character sheet is filled out, as they can well-stand independent to one another, and even if they don't, the foundation of your character is most definitely your biography and affiliated character sheet.

And again, no, none of this is elsewhere on the site...most things here aren't really codified...we're too laid back for our own good.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down